Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FINALLY!!!!






I've been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time. Tonight, I took my first step into Blogville. Part of my apprehension about getting started is that I am a perfectionist and I didn't want to start the blog without the perfect name, the perfect background, etc. It hit me this evening that if I wait on "perfect" I may not get the chance.

If you have turned on the news lately or you live in Nashville, you know we have suffered terrible flooding. I'm not sure why we were so lucky to not have any significant damage at our house, but I am so thankful. The pictures, reports, video, etc. do not even begin to do this city justice. It's unbelievable.

When you think of Nashville, you think of the Grand Ole Opry and the Opryland Hotel. Sadly, they are underwater. I went to Opryland Hotel for the first time in my five years in Nashville only a few weeks ago. Shannon wanted some new photos for his new website and he was adamant about taking them there. I, on the other hand, disagreed. I wanted to take our pictures outdoors as it was one of the first weekends of perfect Spring weather. Boy am I glad that he got his way! We now have 150+ pictures of this historic hotel prior to the devastating damage it sustained over the weekend.

If you have a few extra minutes, pray for Nashville- all of it. I don't think this city has even realized what a major impact this flooding has caused. Tourism dollars are gone, jobs are gone, homes are destroyed, lives are lost, schools are destroyed, it's mind boggling.

I can say, I love the city I live in. The people here are incredible. We lived in Gallatin a few years ago when the terrible tornadoes destroyed the city. I see today, what I saw then- a city made up of the most kind, generous, and giving people. What one hand can't accomplish, another hand comes along and fills the need. We are Nashville, and we will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment