Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#tenyearsago

This morning while I was reading through Twitter posts, I noticed the trending hash-tag was #tenyearsago.  I started thinking back to my life ten years ago and I can't believe how much things have changed, but yet stayed the same!

Ten years ago, I had just graduated from college with my undergraduate degree.  I was ready to take on the world and I did.  In the last ten years, I've coached collegiate volleyball, taught in the public schools, earned my Master's degree, made a dent in my progress towards my Doctorate in Education, gotten married, had a child, bought 2 homes, moved 7 times, run a half-marathon, and so much more.

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the now and what you don't have.  I challenge you to look back at your past and count all the little blessings.  It makes the now seem irrelevant.  

I plan on blogging soon about our Christmas break and family time.  I know my blog has been somewhat neglected, but I must say I'd rather be writing this blog than I would be writing papers for school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment